Session Title: Let’s Get Together!
Time & Date: 3:05 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.,Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Location: Rm. 185, Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (IKBLC)
Session Description: One challenge of distance education is the lack of opportunities to meet synchronously. Text chats and one-way lectures have been used, but they lack the dynamics and flexibility that make two-way exchanges effective. Systems such as Adobe Connect have been used successfully to bring students and instructors “face to face”. Many are familiar with using these systems for virtual lectures and discussions but Clemson University faculty, technology consultants and trainers have extended Adobe Connect in a number of ways to enhance teaching and support:
- On-line class meetings, study sessions and office hours
- Group collaboration on class projects
- Live discussions among support staff in resolving issues
- Screen-sharing to support and train faculty remotely
- Recording and critiquing support staff’s contacts with faculty
- Webinars for “desktop training”
In this session we will see how far you can go with the new generations of live meeting places.
Conference Stream: Extending the CMS
Session Format: Collaboratory
Co-Presenter: Jan Lay
Co-Presenter: Steve Nodine